rykten ski-doo 2013

rev_18

Välkänd medlem
18 apr 2007
östersund
REV-XM Features:

tMotion Rear Suspension
The tMotion rear suspension is a mountain specific skid-frame.A swiveling rear arm and split front arm allow the skid frame to flex laterally, reducing the sled's resistance to banking. A more rising rate motion adds capacity and comfort. A ball joint at the hidge between the rear arm and the drop link and split front arms enable the flex.

New Snow Flap
Not just cool looking but functional. "A hinge" in the center prevents it from interfering with the track when backing up.

LED Tail Light
Brighter then the previous incandescent version, and extremely low profile, give it a very high tech appearance.

REV-XM Seat
Moving from one side of the sled to the other is key to technical boondocking, and the REV-XM seat makes this easy thanks to its extremely compact design. It is very narrow at the front to add leverage, and to maximize comfort for smaller riders. An enclosed storage compartment is in the base behind the seat. It has an 0.8 gal capacity, and a shape that fits a water bottle, gloves or goggles quite easily.

FlexEdge Track Technology
The standard Summit tracks are 16" wide for added flotation, and traction, but the fiberglass reinforcing rods that go across the track are just 12 inches wide. This enables the two outside inches of track to flex, reducing the effort required to initiate a roll.

rev_18

Välkänd medlem
18 apr 2007
östersund
Running Boards
For more solid footing in deep snow, the running board snow evacuation holes have been increased by 87%. An extremely strong running board edge extrusion (three times stronger then the REV-XP extrusion) maintains the boards stiffness. The extrusion is also serrated to grip boots better.

Rigid Grab Strap
A new grab strap has just the correct angle and stiffness for leverage and feel.

Flat Gauge
The gauge cluster on the REV-XM console is mounted nearly flat for easy reading during stand-up riding.

Heated Glove Box
Positioned between the gauges and windshield, this new covered 1 gal. storage compartment is warmed by ambient heat from the engine compartment, making it the ideal spot to stash spare goggles or gloves.

REV-XM Body Style
Multiple origami-like surfaces are an evolution of the pure faceted design of the REV-XP, while varied textures add sophistication and interest. "Float" hood panels are functional, with key air ducts underneath. They also hide seams for a very premium look, including an overall positive curve, directional wedge, V hood. and signature facial expression.

REV-XM Side Panels
Side panels for the REV-XM are unique to the sled. They are powder-dynamically shaped to slide through the snow more easily, especially when the sled is on it's side. More rounded front and bottom edges allow for easier roll up in technical maneuvers. For the right mix of light weight and toughness, they are built from polypropylene.

Easy Engine Access
Owners who like to work on their sleds (and dealers) will appreciate how easy they can access the engine compartment. The entire hood/console/headlight/gauge assembly can be removed in minutes.

Dual Air Intake
Air intakes are placed on the side of the headlights, by being very high on the machine, and very vertical, snow build-up is minimized for freer breathing. The intake and manifold design, and a new sound deadener significantly reduce noise to the driver.

Front Bumper
Even the front bumper is shaped to comfortably fit a gloved hand when you need to grab the front end while stuck.

A-Arm/Ski Spindle Boot Grip
REV-XM sleds have boot grips on the A-arm where it attaches to the top of the ski-spindle to provide a forward boot perch. Some riders want to get so far forward in extreme slow speed moves on the sled, that they have one leg on the running board, and another on the top of the ski spindle.

Forward Foot Position
Today's new technical riders want as much room to move around as possible for getting into, and out of unusual positions. The structural "stirrup" and side panel insert of the REV-XM platform are designed so that riders can place their feet eight inches further forward on the running boards, compared to the REV-XP. This places places more weight on the front end, which is key to slow speed maneuvers. In addition to giving the rider more room to operate, this enables the rider to stand on the same axis as the steering post, adding leverage in pulling the sled on it's side.

REV-XM Handlebar Controls
To reduce any interference in acrobatic maneuvers, the handlebar controls are reduced to their absolute minimum, and are exclusive to the REV-XM platform. The left hand control only includes the electric start/RER button (designed to prevent inadvertent activation) and the high beam switch. Hand and throttle warmer switches are relocated out-of-the-way, on the console.

Skotertoken

Välkänd medlem
12 jan 2007
Arvidsjaur
Det här är den första generationen av Summit jag faktiskt skulle kunna tänka mig att prova! Tycker den ser helt ok ut och dom verkar ha lagt ner mycket tid åt att adressera problemen med bångstyrigheten.. Äntligen.. :)

Nalta

Välkänd medlem
27 jan 2011
Undrar hur det blir med flexande boggi, i djup snö vill man ju att mattan ska skära ner i snö. Eller tänker jag fel? I övrigt tycker jag den varkar bli grym, mycket bra nya grejer. Och skönt att de fattar att det är bra med lite förvaringsutrymmen :)

Blir en summit 800x med elstart, svarta sidokåpor (så man kan röja i skogen utan att sörja), reservdunk, bukskydd, snow deflector och om de kan sätta dit en extrakylare med elfläkt så man slipper varmgång på vårkörningen.

Förresten, visst såg det ut som att nya mattan har hål i mitten? Dåligt ifall de börjar med hål igen, går ju inte att köra på vatten

Nalta

Välkänd medlem
27 jan 2011
Tvivlar på att det blir portade mattor igen, dom har ju redan testat och gått ifrån det igen...

När släpps hela lineupen?

Har du kollat videorna på skidoos Fb-sida för summit? På en video visar han nya mattan, och den har hål i mitten. Om än mindre än de som varit tidigare men ändå...

A.Holm1

Insane sledder
8 feb 2007
Grängesberg
Ni har så rätt, hade inte sett videon...

Det verkar vara portade mattor...

Den gul/Svarta summiten är riktigt snygg tycker jag...
Det gröna Freeriden faller då inte mig i smaken, spec inte med dekalkitet...

__Marcus

Välkänd medlem
16 dec 2008
Borlänge
Men är det verkligen så stor skillnad med portat på vatten?
- Har förövrigt hört att e-tec och vatten kan bli en riktigt dyr historia, men vet inte om det är sant. Jag håller då min på land i sommar, men man vill ju kunna ta sig över en å eller så nu till våren.

Jag vet att min inte är portad, bara intresserad.

Nalta

Välkänd medlem
27 jan 2011
Jå det bromsar ngt fruktansvärt på min xp 09 när jag kör ut i vatten, gjorde så på min 07:a också. Polarns freeride 11:a går däremot som en båt på vatten. Inga hål på hans matta, ser inget annat som skulle ge ngn större skillnad.

nu menar jag ju inte att jag brukar köra på vatten på sommaren, men på våren händer det att man måste korsa öppet vatten och ännu mer vatten på isen.

Malgomaj

Välkänd medlem
13 apr 2009
Hammarby
Jaha, nu ska vi förflytta oss ytterliga 8" framåt. Snart står vi på andra sidan styret. Ena foten på fotsteget och andra på övre A-armen!? Har det varit många som efterfrågat den möjligheten? Kör ni ofta så? Undrar varför? En XP går ju bättre i snön ju längre bak man kommer enligt mig.

melmaq

Välkänd medlem
1 jan 2000
www.lynxtalk.se
nu så har jag en REV, men ja faktist så rät många gånger står jag med en fot på skidan, helst på skidbenet , och den andra så långt fram jag kan på fotsteget!
Har nog många gånger sett ut som en idiot när de blir teknisk körning och man får klättra runt på maskinen för att "enkelt" inte köra fast.
Tydligen är jag inte ensamen om detta :)

Doo

Välkänd medlem
1 jan 2012
Jaha, nu ska vi förflytta oss ytterliga 8" framåt. Snart står vi på andra sidan styret. Ena foten på fotsteget och andra på övre A-armen!? Har det varit många som efterfrågat den möjligheten? Kör ni ofta så? Undrar varför? En XP går ju bättre i snön ju längre bak man kommer enligt mig.
Jag gjorde så några gånger förra vintern, vet inte riktigt om det är nått jag skulle sakna om det inte fanns där men jag testade iaf.

Den går bättre i snön om man står längre bak men vid skråkörning blir den ju lite svår.
står man långt bak så är det svårt att få ner nosen, skotern vill bara fortsätta uppåt och iaf för mig så släpper det lätt och jag kör fast med skotern pekande rakt upp.

drdryyls

Välkänd medlem
28 dec 2005
Örnsköldsvik
Såg det här på sledrumors
The Summit Sport (formerly Everest XP and Summit SP) has the PowerTEK 800 with an MSRP of $8,999. That’s $1,000 less than the 2012 Polaris 600 RMK.
Vore ju fint om de släpper nått sånt i sverige också, bra för konurrensen.

__Marcus

Välkänd medlem
16 dec 2008
Borlänge
Enligt en enkel sökning på blocket så finns det en hel del 2012 än, bådar inte gott för marknadsandelarna och helt utan revolutionerande nyheter så lär dom ju tappa en del till, hög tid att dumpa priserna skulle jag tro..

monno

Välkänd medlem
16 okt 2010
Örnsköldsvik
Är det mina grava synfel som spökar eller är det så jävligt att framsvingens vänstra rörs övre ända inte är fäst i axeln???
Haha tror faktiskt du har rätt!
Senaste vettu, Polaris limmar sina saker, Ski-Doo fäster med luft;) Nä men är väl nån PS miss, eller så kanske dom bara tog en boggie från montagelinan för att a kort på och kollade inte att den faktiskt var färdig?:p

Edit: JA eller så kanske det ska vara så, men det har jag ju oooerhört svårt å tro:)